Grammy’s Easy Tuna Casserole is a family recipe. You won’t need anything fancy to make this recipe. It’s meant to be simple, and it’s delicious!
RecipeBoy’s Grammy used to make this Easy Tuna Casserole for her children when they were little, so RecipeBoy made it for his Grammy when he first started this blog back in 2011. The recipe has been re-photographed and re-published in 2020. It’s still a family favorite!
- fresh, sliced mushrooms
- cream of mushroom soup
- canned tuna
- potato chips
How to make Easy Tuna Casserole:
Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, and then drain it. In a separate pan, sauté the mushrooms in some butter until softened.
In the empty pasta pot, heat the cream of mushroom soup with some milk. Then stir in the pasta and tuna.
How to serve Tuna Casserole:
Before you eat the casserole, you need to put a generous amount of potato chips under it. Grammy suggests using Ruffles potato chips. Just crumble them up and sprinkle them on a plate.
Spoon the pasta/tuna mixture on top of the potato chips. Add mushrooms. Sprinkle a little fresh parsley on top to make it look pretty.
This Easy Tuna Casserole is creamy, delicious comfort food. There are no fancy ingredients at all. Sometimes you just need an easy-to-make meal, and this is it!
Kids may push away the mushrooms, so RecipeBoy’s idea was to cook them separately and add them on top, if desired.
The potato chips add an element of crunch to this meal that is wonderful. That’s Grammy’s signature touch. Enjoy!
Here are a few more main dish recipes you might like to try:
- Pappardelle Bolognese
- Caprese Chicken Skillet
- Tater Tot Casserole
- Lasagna Roll-Ups
- Baked Spaghetti Casserole
- Easy Chicken Chow Mein
- Easy Pork Chop Sheet Pan Dinner
- Chicken Pizzaiola
Grammy's Tuna Casserole
- 16 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- One 26-ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- ¼ cup milk
- One 12-ounce can white tuna packed in water, squeezed dry
- 1 bag Ruffles potato chips
- chopped fresh Italian parsley, for garnish
- Fill a large pot with water and heat it up until it starts to boil. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the instructions on the box. Then drain the pasta.
- In a large skillet, sauté the mushrooms in a little bit of butter, just until they're softened. Set them aside.
- In the empty pot, mix together the cream of mushroom soup and milk over low heat. Stir until smooth and hot. Stir in the cooked pasta and tuna. Continue to cook until all is heated through.
- To serve, crush the potato chips onto a dinner plate. Scoop the pasta mixture on top of the potato chips. Add sauteed mushrooms on top. Eat!