Today my family is driving towards Charleston from Florida continuing on our 8 week cross-country road trip. With all of the sweltering heat between Las Cruces and Boston, I thought that I should make something that holds the power of coldness. I came up with… a popsicle. To be more specific, a Blackberry Lemonade Popsicle.
These are just your basic lemonade popsicles with fresh and juicy blackberries inside. Yum.
Making these popsicles is just about the easiest thing in the world. You have to poke the blackberries into the molds, fill the popsicle molds with the sweetened lemonade, put the sticks in, put the top on, and freeze it. VERY EASY!
If you live in a hot place like Texas or Florida, this recipe is perfect for you. But it is also great for any popsicle-loving person. If you want a certain degree of sweet or sour in your popsicles, you should taste the lemonade before you pour it into the molds. I like sour ones better because they prevent me from scarfing down an entire popsicle in 30 seconds. Add more sugar if you like it sweeter.
And even a kid can make a super cool treat… Like Me!
Blackberry Lemonade Popsicles
- ½ cup superfine sugar (or just whir your regular sugar in the blender or food processor a few times)
- ¾ cup water
- 1½ cups prepared lemonade (store bought is okay)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ cup blackberries (about 35 to 40 blackberries is good)
- Mix sugar and water in a small pan and heat over low-heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool completely.
- 2. Mix sugar syrup, lemonade, and lemon juice in a pitcher. Divide the berries between your popsicle molds. Pour the lemonade mixture into the molds. Insert sticks and freeze until completely frozen. Eat!
Thursday 2nd of May 2013
Just tried out this recipe out a couple days ago and they turned out perfect! Keep the recipes coming, you definitely have a new fan in me!
Friday 13th of July 2012
Hi, Brooks, those popsicles look delicious!! I am going to make these soon. See you soon! Annalise
Wednesday 25th of July 2012
Hi Annalise, I'll see you in Middle School.
Sunday 8th of July 2012
How about making some of these at the lake this summer? Your cousins would love them. Maybe you could cook dinner one night too! Whoever cooks doesn't have to do the dishes.
Tuesday 3rd of July 2012
I haven't made popsicles in a loooooong time and those look refreshingly perrrfect! Hope you are having an absolute blast on your trip. Keep blogging, you are doing so awesome. :)
Monday 25th of June 2012
jackson's brother again. they look amazing. perfect treat for a nice hot summer day.Good job Brooks.
Wednesday 27th of June 2012
Thanks- I appreciate that you looked at my blog!