Today my family is driving towards Charleston from Florida continuing on our 8 week cross-country road trip. With all of the sweltering heat between Las Cruces and Boston, I thought that I should make something that holds the power of coldness. I came up with… a popsicle. To be more specific, a Blackberry Lemonade Popsicle.
These are just your basic lemonade popsicles with fresh and juicy blackberries inside. Yum.
Making these popsicles is just about the easiest thing in the world. You have to poke the blackberries into the molds, fill the popsicle molds with the sweetened lemonade, put the sticks in, put the top on, and freeze it. VERY EASY!
If you live in a hot place like Texas or Florida, this recipe is perfect for you. But it is also great for any popsicle-loving person. If you want a certain degree of sweet or sour in your popsicles, you should taste the lemonade before you pour it into the molds. I like sour ones better because they prevent me from scarfing down an entire popsicle in 30 seconds. Add more sugar if you like it sweeter.
And even a kid can make a super cool treat… Like Me!
Blackberry Lemonade Popsicles
- ½ cup superfine sugar (or just whir your regular sugar in the blender or food processor a few times)
- ¾ cup water
- 1½ cups prepared lemonade (store bought is okay)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ cup blackberries (about 35 to 40 blackberries is good)
- Mix sugar and water in a small pan and heat over low-heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool completely.
- 2. Mix sugar syrup, lemonade, and lemon juice in a pitcher. Divide the berries between your popsicle molds. Pour the lemonade mixture into the molds. Insert sticks and freeze until completely frozen. Eat!