We are introducing you to (what we think) is the very Best Spinach Salad recipe!
My son Brooks (the original RecipeBoy) has always been a fabulous eater. He wasn’t one of those kids who only ate three things for dinner. He ate what he was served, and as a result he enjoys all kinds of foods as an adult. This best spinach salad recipe is one he made for the RecipeBoy blog way back in 2013. It has all of his favorite things in it!
I’m re-publishing this fabulous salad recipe with new photographs. But if you scroll down toward the end of this post, you will be able to watch a video from Brooks himself. He appears in the video showing how to make this salad. And he was only 12 years old at the time!
Salad ingredients needed:
- fresh spinach leaves
- cooked chicken
- goat cheese
- cooked bacon
How to make the Best Spinach Salad Recipe:
Add spinach leaves to a bowl. Add cooked chicken and goat cheese. Bacon is added next. And finally add some fresh avocado.
Vinaigrette ingredients needed:
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- strawberry jam
- Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
Whisk together all of the vinaigrette ingredients.
Add the vinaigrette to the salad, and toss.
We have always loved this salad. The salad itself is just a few simple ingredients! The slightly sweet vinaigrette is delicious, and it goes perfectly with the salad. We hope you like it as much as we do. Enjoy!
Watch the video below to see RecipeBoy himself (Brooks) in action (when he was only 12 years old) showing you how to make the best spinach salad recipe. He’s a little cutie, isn’t he?
Here are a few more salad recipes you might like to try:
- Watermelon, Cucumber and Feta Arugula Salad
- Texas Potato Salad
- Avocado Pine Nut Salad
- BBQ Chicken Pasta Salad
- Watermelon Strawberry Caprese Salad
Best Spinach Salad Recipe
- 4 generous handfuls of fresh spinach leaves
- 1½ cups chopped cooked chicken
- ⅓ cup goat cheese crumbles
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon strawberry jam
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place salad ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix vinaigrette ingredients together and drizzle on top.
- Toss and divide between four bowls for serving.