Chicken and Sun Dried Tomato Burgers are the new burgers you should make this summer!
It’s definitely the time of year to fire up your grill. These chicken burgers can be made on the grill or in a skillet on the stove. We don’t do traditional burgers all that often because they just seem like such an indulgence. Ground chicken is a little lighter than beef, and these Chicken Burgers with Sun Dried Tomatoes are packed with flavor too. If you’re really eating light, you can choose to eat these in a lettuce wrap instead of on a bun. They’re delicious!
Ingredients needed for Chicken and Sun Dried Tomato Burgers:
- ground chicken
- goat cheese
- oil-packed sun dried tomatoes
- shallots and basil
- salt and pepper
- buns and fixings
You’ll mix the ground chicken with goat cheese, sun dried tomatoes, mayonnaise, shallots, basil, salt and pepper. The mayo will keep these burgers nice and tender. That’s a tip I learned from my superhero entertaining friend, Sandy from ReluctantEntertainer.com.
Use the mixture to form 4 chicken burger patties. Give them another sprinkle of salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour.
Tips on frying burgers:
Fry your chicken burgers in the oil from your jar of sun dried tomatoes! Just take a couple of spoonfuls of the oil from the jar, and use that instead of canola or olive oil. For best results, use a nonstick pan. I did not, and my burgers stuck to the pan a bit. You’ll fry them about 4 minutes on each side. Don’t over-cook them, or you’ll risk them being dry. You can also cook these on the grill!
Dress your burgers with whatever you’d like. We don’t add cheese to these burgers since there is goat cheese in the burger pattie itself. Lettuce and tomato are good additions. And we like to add a little burger sauce too.
Try subbing feta cheese for the goat cheese. And you can sub ground turkey for the chicken, if you’d like.
Plan a burger night this week, and try these Chicken and Sun Dried Tomato Burgers. Enjoy!
Here are a few more burger recipes you might like to try:
Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomato Burgers
- 1¼ pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sundried tomatoes (drained and chopped)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 medium shallot, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato oil (from the jar)
- 4 hamburger buns
- desired burger fixings
- Place all ingredients into a medium bowl. Use your (clean) hands to combine the ingredients and form into 4 burger patties. Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the sun-dried tomato oil over medium heat. Cook burgers in the oil about 4 minutes each side. A safe cooking temperature for the inside of the burgers is 160 degrees F.
- Serve on buns with desired burger fixings.