Christmas Monster Cookies will be the last cookies we bake this year!
Monster Cookies are made up of all kinds of delicious things including M&M’S and chocolate chips. These festive-looking cookies are great for the holidays, and they happen to be delicious too!
How to make Christmas Monster Cookies:
Peanut butter, sugars and butter are combined with a mixer. And then the eggs and vanilla extract are mixed in. You can start mixing in the oats and the baking soda. If your mixer is working too hard to get the oats mixed in, you might want to take over with stirring them in instead. It takes some real muscle to stir this heavy mixture of ingredients! Chocolate chips and holiday M&M’s are stirred in last.
In order to make your Monster Cookies uniform in size, use a cookie scoop! Or you can use a tablespoon and then clean hands to urge the dough onto the baking sheet. Sometimes it’s just good to do it the old-fashioned way. If you would like more “Monster” sized cookies, you can use an ice cream scoop instead.
You’ll get 36 smaller cookies, or 22 larger cookies out of the recipe. Leave them on a cooling rack to cool completely before you try to move them around. The chocolate needs a chance to go from hot and melted to cool and set.
These Monster Cookies taste great. We give them to our friends and neighbors, who enjoy them a lot. Kids love these sweet cookies for snacks. We love these holiday cookies and hope that they will be on your list to make too. Enjoy!
Note: Brooks (RecipeBoy) first made these Christmas Monster Cookies for the RecipeBoy blog in 2012- when he was just 11 years old. Check out the photos underneath the recipe below of Brooks making the cookies back then. The recipe has been updated to include new photos in 202o.
Here are a few more Christmas cookie recipes you might like to try:
- Christmas Shortbread Cookies
- Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
- Peppermint Sandies
- Toffee Butter Icebox Cookies
- Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
Christmas Monster Cookies
- 1½ cups peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4½ cup oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup holiday M&M's
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter with the sugars and butter. Use an electric mixer to mix until well combined. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Mix in the oats and baking soda. Then stir in the chips and M&M's.
- Drop the cookies by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. If you'd like your cookies to look pretty (like the photos), dot a few extra M&M's on each mound of dough before baking.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Do not over-bake. Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheets until cookies are set. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- *If you are preparing this cookie as gluten-free, just be sure to make sure you are using brands of the following items that are known to be GF: peanut butter, vanilla, oats, chocolate chips and M&M's.
- *If you'd prefer to make giant cookies, use an ice cream scoop instead to scoop the dough onto the cookie sheet. They'll need to bake for 18 to 20 minutes, and you'll end up with about 22 cookies.