Chocolate Dipped Ritz Marshmallow Reeses are composed of two Ritz crackers covered with marshmallow with a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup sandwiched in-between and covered in chocolate. And let me tell you: they are so tasty!
Happy summer everyone! I’ll be spending the summer in Dallas at the house I’m renting with some buddies for the next year. This is actually the first time I’ve had a kitchen in my living space during my time at school so far and I’ve been using it for just about every meal. Recently I’ve been eating super healthy and working out every day, but I wasn’t going to let that stop me from sharing this delicious treat with you guys!
These things are the real deal; check out those layers! And the chocolate covering holds it all together. They remind me of my Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Oreos that I made back in 2012!
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Ritz Crackers
- Marshmallow Creme
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Sprinkles (optional)
How to make Chocolate Covered Ritz Marshmallow Reeses:
Take two Ritz crackers and smother one side of each with a dollop of marshmallow creme. Marshmallow creme is one of my absolute favorite toppings for anything dessert-related. It pairs so well with the salty crackers and classic chocolate/peanut butter combination for an explosion of flavor in your mouth.
Place a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup on one of the dollops and top with the other cracker, forming a little sandwich.
Then you dip each “sandwich” into a bowl of melted chocolate and place on a tray to dry. And that’s it! A super easy treat for the kiddos in the summer!
I found that the best way to harden the chocolate was to throw the tray in the freezer. This way the molten chocolate could set without sliding around and getting messed up.
Look at those layers! I am a HUGE fan of this recipe for a few reasons: A) It is so simple! B) It’s a fun project to undertake with the kiddos! C) They taste soooooo good! The flavors are truly a blast from the past and will definitely bring you back to your own childhood.
I also have some great news to share with y’all! I just completed my training to be a server at The Rustic, a local bar/restaurant in Dallas, for the summer! So if anyone ever finds themself there, be sure to come in and see me, and give me a shout! 🙂
Chocolate Dipped Ritz Marshmallow Reeses
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 20 whole Ritz crackers
- ¾ cup marshmallow creme
- 10 regular-sized Reeses peanut butter cups, frozen (wrappers removed)
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Add the chocolate chips to a glass bowl. Microwave in short bursts, stirring after each burst, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- On a work surface, spread marshmallow creme onto each Ritz cracker. Place a peanut butter cup on 10 of the marshmallow-covered Ritz crackers. Top with another Ritz (marshmallow side down).
- Dip each one into the chocolate by putting it onto a fork and lowering it into the chocolate. Let the excess drip off. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Place the dipped treats into the freezer to set as soon as you're done with the dipping. These can be defrosted to serve.