These easy to make Grilled Beef Kabobs are served on a fresh and delicious bed of corn tomato salad.
Since our Hawaiian Chicken Sausage Kabobs have been such a popular recipe, we thought it might be time to introduce you to some grilled beef kabobs too! There is nothing better than making food on the grill in the warmer months. I think you’ll like this recipe so much that you’ll want to repeat it several times throughout the summer. It’s fresh and healthy too!
- ear of corn
- extra virgin olive oil
- green onions
- cherry tomatoes
- red wine vinegar
- oregano, chili powder and ground cumin
- garlic salt, salt and pepper
- boneless beef sirloin
- lime wedges
How to remove corn from the cob:
How to make Corn Tomato Salad:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
How to make Grilled Beef Kabobs:
The beef cooks up so nicely. It’s just lightly spiced, and it’s oh-so-good!
I think the best part is the corn and tomato salad that comes with it. Take the beef off the kabobs after grilling and place them on top of the salad. Squeeze some lime juice all over, and take bites of beef along with the salad. It’s so good. Enjoy!
The Best Grilling Recipes:
Grilled Beef Kabobs with Corn-Tomato Salad
- 1 large ear corn, shucked
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 medium green onions (white and green parts, chopped)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground oregano
- 16 ounces boneless beef sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- lime wedges, for garnish
PREPARE THE SALAD:
- Cut a piece off one end of the corn so that you can stand it flat inside a bowl. Use a sharp knife to cut down the side of the cob and gather the corn kernels into the bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the corn, green onions, tomatoes and oregano. Cook, stirring, 3 to 4 minutes, just until the corn begins to soften and the tomatoes begin to wilt.
- Spoon the corn/tomato mixture back into the bowl. Add the vinegar, salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature while you prepare the kabobs.
MAKE THE KABOBS:
- In a large zip baggie, combine the chili powder, garlic salt, cumin and oregano. Seal the bag and shake to mix. Add the beef cubes to the bag. Seal the bag, and shake to coat. On four 10-inch skewers, thread the meat, leaving a ¼-inch space between pieces.
- Preheat the grill to medium-heat. Place the kabobs on the grill rack over the heat for 8 to 12 minutes, turning once or twice, until desired doneness.
- Transfer the corn-tomato salad to a platter; arrange the beef kabobs on top. Garnish with lime wedges.