The Super Bowl is almost here, and with it comes a new Game Day recipe: Instant Pot Queso!
There are few things better than chips and queso in this world. When I left Arizona for college, I found that Dallas is also queso-crazy! Every restaurant has some variation, and it is usually ordered… 😉 This queso blew me away because you can make it at-home and it’s easier than you think!
This recipe is from a new cookbook: Instant Pot Bible Copycat Recipes by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough. This is such a fun book because the authors have created Instant Pot versions of all of your favorite restaurant recipes! This particular recipe is the Instant Pot version of Chipotle’s Queso Blanco.
More delicious recipes in the book: Marie Callender’s Famous Cornbread, Noodles & Company’s Pad Thai with Shrimp, Cafe Rio’s Sweet Pork Barbacoa Tostadas, Buca di Beppo’s World Famous Meatballs, Applebee’s Three-Cheese Chicken Penne, P.F. Chang’s Spicy Miso Ramen and so many more!
How to make Instant Pot Queso:
Before you can make your queso, you need to pour the water into the insert set in an Instant Pot and set the pressure safe rack in the insert. In your round pan, you can combine the cheeses, chipotle chiles, green chiles (if using), cornstarch, garlic, onion powder, and salt. Give it a good stir and then pour the cream over top (do not stir in the cream). Next, cover the baking dish tightly with foil and set it on the rack. Lock the lid onto the pot and and set it for pressure cook on HIGH. Make sure the valve is closed on the pot and set the time for 20 minutes with the “keep warm” setting off. Press START.
When the pot is finished cooking, use the quick release method to bring the pressure back to normal so you can unlatch the lid. Once the cooker is opened, use baking mitts to transfer the round pan to a wire rack. Uncover and stir in the tomatoes until smooth. Next, let it cool for a few minutes and let the flavor intensify! Finally, pour the queso into a serving dish and enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips.
I’m a huge fan of this picture right here… You can see the chiles and other ingredients blended into the cheese for maximum YUM! I love how customizable this queso is; everyone has their own preferences, so you can easily include your favorite ingredients as far as favorite cheeses and amount of spice desired.
Here’s the mandatory cheese-pour picture- look at that thick, cheesy goodness!
This Instant Pot Queso is a crowd-pleaser and guaranteed to take your Super Bowl party to the next level! I had never made my own queso before this, so it was awesome to finally get a chance to– And the results were incredible! 🙂
Here are a few more Instant Pot Recipes you might like to try:
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- Instant Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- Easy Jambalaya
- Instant Pot Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Instant Pot Queso
- 1½ cups water
- 12 ounces (3 cups) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 ounces (2 cups) shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce (seeds removed)
- 1 tablespoon canned diced mild green chiles (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled and minced
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy or light cream
- 2 small cherry tomatoes, finely diced (for garnish, optional)
- corn tortilla chips, for serving
- Pour the water into the insert set in your Instant Pot. Set a pressure safe rack in the insert.
- Stir the two cheeses, chipotle chile, green chiles (if using), cornstarch, garlic, onion powder and salt in a 2-quart, 7-inch across, round, high sided, pressure-safe baking dish. Pour the cream on top of the cheese mixture but do not stir in the cream.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with foil. Set the dish on the rack or trivet and lock the lid onto the pot.
- Set the pot for pressure cook or manual. Set level to HIGH. The valve must be closed. Set the time for 20 minutes with the "keep warm" setting off. Press START.
- When the pot has finished cooking, use the quick release method to bring the pressure back to normal. Unlatch the lid and open the cooker. Use hot pads or silcone baking mitts to transfer the hot baking dish to a nearby wire rack. Uncover, stir in the tomatoes until smooth, and cool for a couple of minutes to blend the flavors. Serve warm with tortilla chips for dipping.
- Nutritional information is for the queso only (no chips!).