Make these Hawaiian Chicken Sausage Kabobs for a quick and easy grilling dinner!
I picked up a package of chicken sausage the other day- you know… the smoked sausages that come four to a pack? And I was wondering what I could do to make them for dinner and maybe jazz them up a little bit. I ended up using things I already had in my refrigerator and pantry to make these super easy Hawaiian Chicken Sausage Kabobs. They were a big hit!
How to make Hawaiian Chicken Sausage Kabobs:
These are so easy to make! You just need long skewers. You can either use wooden skewers or metal skewers. Cut your sausage into chunks. Cut your veggies into chunks. I used green bell pepper, red bell pepper, red onion and cherry tomatoes. Mushrooms and/or zucchini would be good on these too. Chunks of pineapple add to the Hawaiian theme.
Brush the Hawaiian Chicken Sausage Kabobs with bottled hoisin sauce while they are grilling, and that’s all you have to do! Hoisin sauce can be found in your market’s Asian food aisle. Since the sausage is smoked sausage, it’s actually already cooked. You’re just basically heating it up on the grill along with the veggies to get some good grill marks and soften things up.
So if you want an easy-peasy dinner to make, these kabobs are it! They’re family friendly, and you can add your favorite vegetables to the kabobs to change things up. The hoisin sauce just gives it a little pop of sweet and spicy flavor to keep an Asian/Hawaiian vibe to it all. Happy grilling- enjoy!
Here are a few more summer grilling recipes you might like to try:
Hawaiian Chicken Sausage Kabobs
- 8 skewers
- One 12-ounce package of chicken sausage (whatever flavor you prefer)
- fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- cherry tomatoes
- sliced bell peppers
- sliced red onion
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup hoisin sauce
- Slice the sausage, and string it onto the skewers alternating with the pineapple, tomatoes, bell pepper and red onion. Continue with ingredients and skewers until all ingredients are used up. Place the skewers on a tray and brush with hoisin sauce.
- Grill until everything on the skewers is a little bit softened and singed. Serve!