Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts
This Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts recipe is a super simple way to make chicken for dinner!
This is a lighter chicken recipe, so there is no oil in the marinade. It’s just flavor without the fat. We love our Ritz Cracker Chicken. It’s all buttery and wonderful. But sometimes it’s just nice to make a chicken recipe like these Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts that’s a little more healthy!
We’re all for adding healthy cookbooks to our cookbook shelves, so this book was a welcome surprise in our mailbox! This recipe comes from The Everything Easy Dash Diet Cookbook: 200 quick and easy recipes for weight loss and better health. “DASH” stands for “dietary approaches to stop hypertension.” This diet is rich in fruits, vegetables and low-fat dairy products. The recipes are touted as a healthy way to lose weight and curb the risk of diabetes- without the use of medications.
Here are a few things in the book that look like “must try” recipes that are family-friendly:
- Diner-Style Home Fries
- Whole Grain Spiced Pear Waffles
- Coconut Crusted Chicken with Spicy Sweet Dipping Sauce
- Sweet Potato Crisps
- Pineapple Salsa
- Cheesy Potato Chowder
- Easy Wonton Soup
- 30-Minute Ground Beef Pizza
- Ground Turkey Sloppy Joes
- Perfect Cornbread
- Homemade Banana Ice Cream
- Jumbo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
How to make Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts:
Combine the marinade ingredients in a large zip baggie. It’s a mix of white wine, stone ground mustard, honey, water and white vinegar. There is no oil in sight!
Add the chicken to the bag, seal the bag, and move the chicken all around to coat with the marinade. Chill the marinating chicken anywhere from 4 to 12 hours. This is one of those recipes where I like to marinate the chicken one day and finish up the recipe the next day.
Place the marinated chicken breasts in a baking dish. Drizzle them with a little more of the marinade. Wrap the baking dish with foil, and bake for about 30 minutes.
Sprinkle the chicken with fresh chopped parsley, and it’s time to eat!
Serve Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts with roasted potatoes and your favorite vegetable. Chop up the chicken leftovers, and add them to a salad for lunch the next day.
Honey Mustard Chicken
- ¼ cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 16 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- chopped fresh Italian parsley, for garnish
- In a large zip-top baggie, add the wine, mustard, honey, water and vinegar. Mix to combine.
- Add the chicken to the marinade and coat completely. Seal the bag tightly and refrigerate for 4 to 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place in the prepared baking dish. Drizzle with a little of the marinade. Cover the dish tightly with foil.
- Place the pan on the middle rack in the oven and bake until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of about 160 degrees F.- about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle parsley for garnish and serve immediately.