The holiday season is here! Christmas is less than two weeks away and I am incredibly excited. I’m in the process of preparing for finals, which is why I’ve been so busy lately! Senior year is very tedious and I’m trying to finish high school on a high note. This week I’m sharing a recipe that I’ve relied on heavily for school lunches over the course of this semester. I made Instant Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, a new staple for lunch/dinner in my family.
The Instant Pot Spaghetti is phenomenal. I definitely prefer it over the traditional method of preparing spaghetti, which is time-consuming and boring.
Cooking spaghetti in the instant pot is unique. It takes very little effort and the end result is fantastic.
I love this method of cooking because the spaghetti and the meat sauce are cooked together. Traditional spaghetti is cooked separately from the sauce and more dishes are used, creating an increased workload for later. No one likes doing more dishes!
You can see my dog Tessie in the corner of this picture! She’s always laying around the kitchen hoping that we drop something for her to eat.
We love our puppy! Although she isn’t much of a puppy anymore, but Tessie is still the cutest labradoodle in the world. It was her 4th birthday in November!
Spaghetti isn’t the same without shredded parmesan cheese. That is a requirement in our house, and it should be everywhere! This dish turned out very clean and visually-appealing. Don’t write off the instant pot recipes!
This meal is delicious! I made the Instant Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce for a family dinner and everyone loved it. I used the leftovers in my school lunches for the next few days as well, and it only got better with time! Enough of the PB&J’s and ham sandwiches, it’s time to eat home-cooked meals at school. And the best part is that it’s so darn easy! Just throw everything in the Instant Pot and you’re good to go. I’d highly recommend this recipe to anyone searching for an easy way to make spaghetti, as well as for people with kids in school. The kids will LOVE this dish in their school lunch!
This recipe comes from the cookbook, Skinnytaste One and Done by Gina Holmolka. Gina is a good friend of my Mom. And she’s really, really good at creating easy recipes that are good for you. I suggest you buy her new book and try it out!
If you’re looking for more easy dinner recipes, you might like to try my Easy Baked Garlic Shrimp or these Glazed Chicken Drumsticks. Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders and Easy Chicken Chow Mein are pretty simple dinner recipes too!
Instant Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- 16 ounces 93% lean ground turkey
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- one 25.25-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken in half
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
- Press the saute button on your Instant Pot. When hot, add the ground turkey and salt and brown the meat, using a wooden spoon to break it into small pieces as it cooks- about 3 minutes. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the marinara sauce, 2 cups water, and the spaghetti, making sure the liquid covers everything. Do not stir, as space will be tight.
- Seal and cook on high pressure for 9 minutes, until the pasta and sauce is cooked. Quick release, then open when the pressure subsides. Serve right away, topped with Parmesan, if desired.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links.