This super easy, 3-ingredient recipe for Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken will be one you’ll want to make again and again.
This recipe couldn’t be any easier to make! It’s one of those, “I need an easy dinner tonight because I have a busy day” kind of recipes. The chicken turns out delicious, and it can be used for so many things.
This recipe comes from Cyndi Kane’s Save It Forward Suppers. It’s her new cookbook! This is a great book for meal planning. Make one recipe, and then you can make a couple more meals with leftover ingredients from the first recipe. Brilliant! There are over 100 recipes in the book, and there are lots of great ideas for dinner.
Here are a few recipes in the book that we’re excited to try:
- Asian Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Caramelized Onions
- Pasta with Ricotta, Peas and Bacon
- Pressed Italian Sandwich
- Whipped Ricotta Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- Sweet Sriracha Salmon
- Hearty Chicken Stew
Only 3 ingredients needed!
- chicken breast
- two packets of cheesy taco seasoning (located right next to the regular taco seasoning)
- two cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
How to make Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Shred the meat with two forks, or if you want to be speedy, use a hand mixer set on medium just until the chicken separates into pieces of the desired size.
Let the chicken cool, then pull out the meat and use it for whatever you’d like. Enjoy!
Store this Mexican chicken in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or store in the freezer for later use.
We used our Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken for tacos! It would also be good used in enchiladas, burritos, nachos or salads! In the book, there are Save-it-Forward recipes to use this chicken for chicken nachos and buffalo chicken taquitos.
Instant Pot Instructions:
You can also make slow cooker Mexican chicken in the Instant Pot! Place all ingredients into your Instant Pot insert. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, and then manually release the rest of the pressure.
The Best Slow Cooker Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Carolina Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Cream Cheese Chicken Sandwiches
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
- Two 1.12-ounce packets cheesy taco seasoning
- Two 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes with green chiles (such as Ro-Tel brand)
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In the insert of a slow cooker, combine the taco seasoning and tomatoes. Add the chicken and toss it in the tomato mixture to coat.
- If using a slow cooker, cook for 6 to 8 hours on low or 4 to 5 hours on high. If using an Instant Pot, cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, and then manually release the rest of the pressure.
- Shred the meat with two forks, or if you want to be speedy, use a hand mixer set on medium just until the chicken separates into pieces of the desired size.
- Let the chicken cool, then pull off the meat and use it in your recipe for tacos, tostadas, quesadillas, nachos, salads, and anything else!
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or store in the freezer for later use.