Thursday, December 15, 2011

Chocolate- Butterscotch Peanut Clusters

Holy guacamole! Just a three ingredient recipe! It must be a typo! No it IS real, and I have this really easy three ingredient recipe that is super yummy and addictive: Chocolate- Butterscotch Peanut Clusters. Most of you might think I mean the bad kind of addictive but NO! I mean the I am in BLISS kind of addictive. FYI- Bliss is one of my spelling words this week at school. :) . bliss: n. perfect happiness.

Deck the tables with branches of fake holly…  Fa la la la la, la la la la! Frosty the Snowman, lost his head in a blizzard, it landed on our table and became a new fable… So much for the Christmas songs and now back to my awesome recipe. (Even though I do have some pretty good rhymes)

Yummy. I LOVE butterscotch, chocolate, AND peanuts so what will they taste like all together? Maybe just the best kid-friendly dessert of all time!

Melt the chocolate chips, add the peanuts, stir it up. Those are the three simple steps to make the Chocolate- Butterscotch Peanut Clusters of heaven. They carry a little bit of heaven in every bite!

If you were paying good attention to the pictures, you might have seen that the picture above contains a snapshot of me holding an icepack. This was caused by an incident with a metal pan on a stove that was set on high mode. And i touched it without a potholder. Ouch. Now I have a giant blister on my finger and boy does it sting!  Lesson learned.

Augh (Sigh of relief). Frosty got his hat back! Awwww! Frosty gets all of those yummy treats? Well, it will only make him fatter. :)

This is a very quick and easy recipe to make but yummy too. As we sing in music class at school: Santa Claus is hungry tonight!! So to make Santa jolly, make this recipe. I can almost guarantee that he will give you a few more presents than he was going to before he tried these clusters of heaven. ;)

And even a kid can scoop heaven into clusters with a cookie dough scooper… Like Me!

Chocolate- Butterscotch Peanut Clusters

Chocolate- Butterscotch Peanut Clusters

Yield: 2 dozen clusters

Prep Time: 15 min

Cook Time: 5 min

Such a SIMPLE recipe with only 3 ingredients. And HEY, it's good too!

Ingredients:

One 12-ounce bag butterscotch chips
1/2 12-ounce bag milk chocolate chips
1 can spanish peanuts (or about 2 cups)

Directions:

1. In a double boiler, melt the butterscotch and milk chocolate chips together. Stir until the mixture is nice and smooth. Add the peanuts and stir.

2. Immediately drop little blobs of the clusters onto a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper- using a spoon or a cookie scooper. Let them sit until the chocolate is set.

Pin It

15 Responses to “Chocolate- Butterscotch Peanut Clusters”

1. 1

Sarah — December 15, 2011 @ 2:45 pm

My mom and I make these but with chow mein noodles every year for Christmas!

2. 2

Maria — December 15, 2011 @ 2:58 pm

I love everything about this treat-especilaly the easy factor! Perfect for the holidays!

3. 3

Pat Roberts — December 15, 2011 @ 3:17 pm

I have made these for years (my mother made them before me) but we add a can of chinese noodles to the mix and they are called Spiders!

4. 4

Shannon — December 15, 2011 @ 5:58 pm

And theyre gluten free too! I’m always looking for yummy recipes without flour. Thanks for posting!

5. 5

Jenny Flake — December 16, 2011 @ 6:18 am

LOVE this combo!! Great for Holiday plates too! Nice work Recipe Boy!!

6. 6

Lori — December 17, 2011 @ 3:50 pm

We just finished a batch, my 10 yr old & I. So easy, and yes…heavenly! I think we will need to make a 2nd batch, as these I know won’t make it to my “give away” plates!

7. 7

Mom — December 18, 2011 @ 7:20 am

These were so, so yummy! I keep nibbling them… I should probably stop.

8. 8

Natalie — December 18, 2011 @ 11:19 pm

Ouch! I’m sorry about your blister. These look DELICIOUS! I love this idea and will be trying them!

9. 9

ducky — December 19, 2011 @ 6:36 am

The YUM factor is not to be denied! I will make these for Xmas eve!

10. 10

lauren — December 19, 2011 @ 5:09 pm

These sound so yummy! What can you substitute for the spanish peanuts? Plain salted peanuts?

11. 11

RecipeBoy's Grandma — December 29, 2011 @ 11:12 am

Another good idea for a New years treat and Valentine’s Day as well. And if a kid like you can do it, so can a grandma like me!

12. 12

DebbieLB — December 1, 2012 @ 11:19 am

I have made these for nearly 20 years…but we make them in the microwave! Just put the choc chips & butterscotch chips in a microwave safe bowl, and turn them on medium for about 2 minutes. Stir them up. Continue to microwave them on medium for a minute or so, stirring between times. Stop when they are 75% melted and stir until they are totally melted. Then add the peanuts. We use dry roasted peanuts as they set up a bit better and the salt is soooo good!

Looks like this is a recipe from last year for you, but try them in the microwave this year and you won’t get a blister!! :)

13. 13

Tiffany — December 24, 2012 @ 4:27 pm

These are great! Just made them! Thanks for sharing!

14. 14

Dess — June 26, 2013 @ 6:31 pm

These look great and an easy treat for many occasions! My mom used to make a similar recipe with mini marshmallows added and they were called Nut Goodies. She made them for the holiday seasons, they are always a favorite! Good job with your website!

15. 15

Nancy — December 22, 2013 @ 8:42 pm

Well done Brooks!! Send some our way!!
    Happy Holidays!!