In this Garlic Butter Steak Bites recipe, chunks of buttery seared steak are combined with sautéed bell peppers and garlic.
Sometimes you just want some steak, right? And there are some of us who can be a bit intimidated with making a perfectly cooked steak. Garlic Butter Steak Bites to the rescue! This recipe couldn’t be any easier because the steak is cut into chunks and pan-seared in a delicious garlic butter sauce. It’s hard to mess up your steak when you’re cooking little bites instead of the whole steak!
This recipe comes from Lisa Marcaurele’s new cookbook: Low Carb Yum Simple Keto Meals for Beginners. We love this book because we cook a lot of low carb dinners at our house! The book includes recipes for breakfast, breads, side dishes, main dishes and even desserts!
Here are a few recipes from the book that we’d like to make at home:
- Ricotta Pancakes
- Egg Bread
- Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
- Cheeseburger Salad
- Meatball Casserole
- Creamy Chicken Broccoli Lasagna
- Pork Chops with Garlic Butter Sauce
- Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- Key Lime Tart
- sirloin steak
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- green bell pepper
- fresh parsley (optional)
How to make Garlic Butter Steak Bites:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Serve the steak bites on a platter, and be sure to spoon all of the delicious garlic butter sauce from the pan onto the steak bites. Sprinkle fresh parsley on top, to garnish.
These Garlic Butter Steak Bites may be eaten all on their own for a low carb meal. I love that they’re cooked with some green bell pepper. You could even add in a few sliced mushrooms if you wanted to! If you’re not watching carbs, then these are really good served over steamed rice too. Enjoy!
The Best Recipes for Meat Lovers:
- Mini Meatloaves
- Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas
- Better-Than-Takeout Beef with Broccoli
- Baked Ground Beef Tacos
- Easy Homemade Meatballs
Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ pound sirloin steak, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ medium green bell pepper, stemmed and seeded and chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper on all sides, and cook the steak pieces in the skillet in an even layer, undisturbed, for 2 to 4 minutes, to get a good sear on the steak. Stir and brown each side, being careful not to overcook. Remove the steak bites to a plate to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Toss in the bell pepper and cook for about 2 minutes, until the bell pepper is lightly browned. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Return the steak to the skillet and toss to coat. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley, if desired, and serve.
- For the best sear, a cast-iron skillet is recommended. This can be done over high heat, but you'll need to use a little oil with a high smoke point like avocado oil (butter can burn). If searing in oil, you can add more butter for the desired flavor when cooking the vegetables.