The awesome thing about cake mix is that you can make cake mix cookies with it- like these Chocolate Cake Mix M&M Cookies!
Cake mix isn’t just for cake anymore. It’s for cookies! We bake plenty of homemade from scratch cookies and cakes around my house, but once in a while we grab a box of cake mix to whip up a quick and easy dessert. It’s funny that cake mix happens to make such great cookies. It just works. We love our newest cookie recipe- these Chocolate Cake Mix M&M Cookies.
How to make Chocolate Cake Mix M&M Cookies:
These cookies are a very simple mix of four ingredients plus the M&M’s. The cookie base is made of cake mix, canola oil, eggs and vanilla extract. That’s all mixed and then the M&M’s are added in. The dough will be sticky, so it’s best to refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes. Then you can roll the dough into balls and place them on lined baking sheets. If you dot extra M&M’s on top, they’ll turn out looking pretty when baked!
The result is a slightly chewy chocolate cookie with the crunch of the M&M’s throughout.
Skip the M&M’s and use chocolate chips or peanut butter chips instead. Try using chopped candy bars like Hersheys, Peanut Butter Cups, Butterfingers or Crunch Bars. The base cookie is a good one for making and adding in your favorite things.
Cake Mix M&M Cookies will be good stored in a covered container at room temperature for a few days. They also freeze well. Just keep them stored in a large freezer zip baggie or a well-sealed container, and take them out and defrost as you’d like. Enjoy!
Here are a few more cookie recipes you might like to try:
- Peanut Butter Brownie Cookies
- Marshmallow Fluff Cookies
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cake Mix Snickerdoodles
- Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
- Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- Panko Cookies
- Cheesecake Cookies
Chocolate Cake Mix M&M Cookies
- One 15.25-ounce box chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup M&M's (plus more for the top)
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the cake mix, oil, eggs and vanilla until well-combined. Stir in 1 cup of the M&M's. Cover the bowl and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- Roll the dough into balls and place the balls two inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten the balls slightly with the palm of your hand, and dot the tops of the cookies with additional M&M's.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes- just until set.
- You can use regular sized M&M's or miniature M&M's.