NFL Playoffs are in full swing and this week I’m sharing a crowd-pleaser for the Big Game: Pizza Fries.
You’ve heard of cheese fries, loaded fries, and more… But why not Pizza Fries?? There’s no good answer, because cheese and pepperoni make everything better!
- French fries
- Pepperoni (chopped)
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
How to make Pizza Fries:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Start by preheating your oven to 425° F and setting a heat-safe skillet on the stove. Add the french fries to the skillet and heat until golden and crisp (about 30 minutes). I recommend shaking the pan a couple times to move the fries around and ensure they are heating evenly.
While the fries are heating up, set out your pepperoni, pizza sauce, and mozzarella. Once the fries are finished, remove the skillet from the oven and chop the pepperoni into small pieces. Sprinkle most of it over the fries, but save some for on top. Next, drizzle the pizza sauce over the fries and cover with both mozzarella and the remaining pepperoni.
Finally, pop the skillet back in the oven for 5 minutes or so (once the cheese is melted). There you have it — Pizza Fries!
I went for the classic mozzarella/pepperoni combo with mine, but you can get creative with the toppings. It’s all personal preference! Let me know if you try something cool, though… I’m always looking for new ideas 🙂
As a college student, I can vouch for Pizza Fries being both super easy-to-make and incredibly affordable. This is a recipe I’ll be making much more frequently after graduation — especially for the Super Bowl!
Would I ever make something cheesy and exclude the cheese-pull? Nope. You can attack these fries with a fork, or bare hands if you’re feeling bold! Give Pizza Fries a try and get creative with it… Let me know what awesome variations y’all come up with!
The Best Game Day Recipes:
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- Instant Pot Queso
- Soft Pretzel Bites with Cheese Sauce
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- The Best Taco Dip
- One 32-ounce bag French Fries
- One 6-ounce bag pepperoni, chopped
- One 14-ounce jar pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Add fries to a heat-safe skillet. Heat the fries until golden and crisp, about 30 minutes. Move the fries around a bit while baking so they all get access to the heat.
- Carefully remove the skillet from the oven, and sprinkle most of the pepperoni on top of the baked fries. Pour pizza sauce evenly on top. Sprinkle cheese on next, and then some more pepperoni.
- Return the skillet to the oven for an additional 5 minutes or so- until the cheese has melted.