Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip is the perfect appetizer to have for Super Bowl or another celebration. It’s hot and cheesy, and it’s perfect with chips for dunking!
Hey everyone! I’m back in Arizona with my family for winter break, so I decided to whip up some new recipes. I just finished the first semester of my sophomore year and it was tons of fun. I live in the fraternity house on campus with 35 other guys, so it’s quite a time. Watching my New England Patriots this season has been incredibly frustrating… It’s a strange feeling to not be in the playoffs for only the third time since I was born.
Anyways, I wanted to make something that would be good for the Super Bowl coming up in February. Last year we had the Best Taco Dip And this year, this Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip was the first thing that came to mind. It turned out great! It’s the perfect Game Day food to serve with tortilla chips and satisfy a crowd.
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- Cream Cheese
- Ranch Dressing
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Chopped Chicken Breast
- Green Onion
How to make Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Heat the cream cheese, hot sauce, and ranch dressing in a medium saucepan.
- Once melted and combined, add the cheese a sprinkle at a time until it is smooth.
- Stir in shredded chicken.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping vessels (i.e. chips, celery, crackers, etc.)
Some buffalo chicken dips use blue cheese instead of ranch, but I opted for the ranch in mine. It’s all about personal preference though, so you can use whichever you want. Dips are perfect for Game Days because you can get creative with your dipping vessel. Classic tortilla chips are most common, but celery is also super tasty and complements the buffalo flavor well. Baguette slices or other types of veggies would also be good for dipping.
The Super Bowl is coming up! I’ll still be watching even though I’m incredibly bummed that my Patriots aren’t in the playoffs this year. I figure we’ve won enough over the past decade! This dip is a fan-favorite for Game Day, making it the ultimate recipe for a Super Bowl party! Serve alongside my Game Day Sliders and these Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots.
This buffalo chicken dip is one of the best I’ve ever had! Super cheesy and enjoyable. It’s also absurdly easy, as there are only 4 steps and a handful of ingredients. Fortunately, I’ll be back for a few more recipes on the site before I head back to school, so stay tuned for more! 🙂
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups chopped chicken breast
- 1 whole green onion, sliced thinly
- In a medium saucepan, heat the cream cheese, hot sauce and Ranch dressing over medium-low heat until melted and combined.
- Sprinkle in the cheddar cheese a little at a time, and stir until it is melted and smooth.
- Stir in the chicken.
- To serve, spoon the hot melted cheese dip in to a bowl or a small warming crock and surround it with things for dipping- chips, celery and/or crackers.
- OPTION: replace the Ranch dressing with blue cheese dressing and sprinkle blue cheese crumbles on top.