This 3 Ingredient Blueberry Cobbler recipe is super easy to make with just three easy-to-find ingredients!
Sometimes you just need a super easy recipe to satisfy your sweet craving. This recipe is a cake mix cobbler (just like my recipe for the very popular 3 ingredient peach cobbler). Yep, that means that cake mix is the “cobbler” ingredient that is utilized as the topping for this blueberry cobbler. In this case, we’re using a lemon cake mix, which happens to be a really delicious combination with the blueberries to create this easy dessert recipe.
Ingredients needed for three ingredient blueberry cobbler:
- 4 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries
- one box of lemon cake mix
- one stick of butter
How to make 3 Ingredient Blueberry Cobbler:
It’s so easy to make this three ingredient cake mix blueberry cobbler! Put the blueberries in a 9×13-inch casserole dish. You can use frozen blueberries or fresh blueberries- whatever you prefer. It will be delicious either way.
Then add the cake mix to a bowl, and stir in a stick of melted butter. Crumbs will form. Sprinkle those crumbs on top of the blueberries in the pan. That’s it! You’re done! It can’t get much easier, right? It’s a lot easier than baking traditional blueberry cobbler. Bake for about 40 minutes.
Spoon individual servings in bowls, and top with vanilla ice cream (or whipped cream). I personally love to top this 3 ingredient blueberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream because it gets all melted and wonderful, and it tastes so good with the blueberries and the lemon cake cobbler.
What kind of cake mix should you use for cake mix cobbler?
Use any brand of cake mix – Betty Crocker, Duncan Hines, etc- and use lemon, white or yellow cake mix flavors. All of those will work fabulously for this blueberry cobbler.
Serve your 3 ingredient blueberry cobbler warm- right out of the oven! That’s when it’s going to be best. Of course, you can save leftovers and just heat them up a little bit in the microwave when you’re ready to serve. Anyone can make this recipe- literally anyone. It does not take any skill at all in the kitchen to be able to make an easy dessert like this. Enjoy!
3 Ingredient Blueberry Cobbler
- 4 cups frozen or fresh blueberries
- One 15.25-ounce box lemon cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13-inch casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Spread blueberries evenly in the prepared dish. Put the cake mix in a bowl. Melt the butter and use a fork to combine it with the cake mix.
- Sprinkle the cake crumbs over the blueberries.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until golden on top.
- Spoon into serving bowls and top with scoops of ice cream.
- If you don't want the flavor of lemon in your blueberry cobbler, it's okay to use yellow or white cake mix instead of lemon.