Today, we’re sharing a recipe for Bacon Crackers (bacon wrapped cracker appetizers), both sweet and savory! Perfect for Game Day or snacking!
Bacon wrapped appetizers are the absolute best. Remember our Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers? How can you go wrong with bacon? These bacon crackers sound a little bizarre, but I promise you that they are fabulous.
We originally got this recipe from the Pioneer Woman’s A Year of Holidays cookbook. RecipeBoy Brooks shared bacon crackers here on the website back in 2015. We’re sharing it again today with new photos since Super Bowl is coming up!
- country club-style crackers
- grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- light brown sugar
How to make Bacon Crackers:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Bake them for about 2 hours. The bacon will cook slowly and start to wrap around the crackers. The bacon grease will drip off onto the baking sheet underneath.
This recipe is soooooo easy! Just take a pinch of each ingredient and throw it on a cracker, wrap it in bacon, bake and BAM- you’re done!
Don’t you want to sample these?? Serve them warm on a platter. Enjoy!
The Best Appetizer Recipes for Game Day:
- 36 country club style crackers
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 pound bacon (not thick sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Lay the crackers on a rack set on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on half of the crackers and about a teaspoon of brown sugar on the other half.
- Slice the bacon in half. Wrap each cracker with a half piece of bacon, tucking the end of the piece underneath the cracker.
- Bake them for about 2 hours. The bacon will cook slowly and start to wrap around the crackers. The bacon grease will drip off. Serve them warm on a platter!
- If desired, you can experiment by adding shakes of Tabasco, cinnamon, pepper or other cheeses.