Berry Pound Cake is the best buttery pound cake with fresh berries baked into it. It’s the perfect summer cake recipe!
I love that when you make a cake with red and blue berries, it turns into a red, white and blue recipe! That makes this cake perfect for summer celebrations, when berries are in their full swing of ripeness. This is such a delicious cake. And it’s perfect for serving to guests too.
- all purpose flour
- white sugar
- baking soda and salt
- large eggs
- unsalted butter
- sour cream
- lemon zest
- vanilla extract
- fresh raspberries
- fresh blueberries
- powdered sugar
How to make Berry Pound Cake:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Invert the cake onto a rack to cool completely.
Just before serving, dust the cake with powdered sugar. To make it look extra festive, you can plop some more fresh berries on top!
This is a delicious cake to be served plain. But you can also add a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream, if you’d like. Enjoy!
The Best Summer Cake Recipes:
- Raspberry Gooey Butter Cake
- Berry Icebox Cake
- S’Mores Ice Cream Cake
- Easy Candy Bar Ice Cream Cake
- Peach Cobbler Cake
Berry Pound Cake
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups raspberries
- 1½ cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325℉. Spray a 10-inch tube pan (angel food cake pan) with baking spray (nonstick spray with flour).
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- Add the eggs, butter, sour cream, lemon zest and vanilla to the flour mixture. Use an electric mixer on medium-speed to beat for 1 minute, until blended. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Gently stir in half each of the raspberries and blueberries.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining berries evenly over the batter.
- Bake for about 1½ hours if you have a dark gray pan (1 hour, 40 min if you have a light colored pan). A piece of uncooked spaghetti inserted into the center should come out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then invert the cake onto a rack to cool completely. Just before serving, dust the cake with powdered sugar.
Friday 19th of May 2023
I made this and instead of the powdered sugar I used strawberry sauce. Wow this is over the top. We all fell in love. Thanks so much.
Saturday 20th of May 2023
SO happy to hear it was a success for you!