Tater Tot Casserole is a quick and easy dinner recipe to make for your family!
It has been hard to find ingredients on the store shelves lately, but I’ve had the best luck showing up at my local market (or Walmart or Target) first thing in the morning- as soon as they open. This Tater Tot Casserole is a super easy recipe to make for dinner. Low stress and totally family friendly. It’s the ultimate comfort food meal, and we all need a little bit of that right now!
Ingredients needed for Tater Tot Casserole:
- one pound of ground beef
- one sweet onion and 4 cloves of garlic
- frozen tater tots, frozen green beans and frozen corn
- one can of cream of chicken soup and one can of cream of cheddar cheese soup
- Worcestershire sauce
- two cups of shredded cheddar cheese
How to make Tater Tot Casserole:
Scroll to the end of this post to print out the complete recipe. You’ll brown the ground beef, along with the onion and garlic. Then you’ll combine the ground beef mixture with the soups and spread this in the bottom of a casserole dish. You’ll top that mixture with your frozen green beans and corn. And then you’ll sprinkle the cheese on top of that. The frozen tater tots are placed on top. That’s it– so easy!! It goes in the oven for about 45 minutes.
Ingredient substitution ideas:
The recipe calls for using frozen green beans and frozen corn. You can substitute canned for both of those, or you can use fresh if you’d like too. If you’re not into green beans and/or corn… you can choose to leave one (or both) out of the recipe.
I don’t really have a substitution suggestion for the canned soups. This is a total comfort food recipe, and those canned soups are key ingredients!
Try using different kinds of cheese, if you’d like. And I did notice that you can find frozen veggie tots too. I haven’t tried using them, but they might be an interesting substitution!
Those crispy Tater Tots are so delicious baked in the cheesy ground beef sauce. I suggest you whip up a good green salad to go with this dinner. It’s not a light dinner choice, so a salad served alongside it can lighten up the meal a bit.
Enjoy, and stay safe and healthy!
Here are a few more easy dinner recipes you might like to try:
- Grammy’s Tuna Casserole
- Chicken Pizzaiola
- Pizza Sloppy Joes
- Easy Cheesy Chili Mac
- Ravioli Cupcakes
- Skillet Macaroni and Cheese
- Beef Stroganoff
- American Chop Suey
Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1½ cups frozen corn
- One 10.5 ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- One 10.5-ounce can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 32 ounces tater tots
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef until slightly pink. Add in the diced onions and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the canned soups with the beef mixture. Spread it evenly into the prepared pan. Top with green beans and corn. Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top. Place frozen tater tots on top of the cheese.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until the tater tots are golden.