These S’Mores Bars are a super easy sweet treat that are just like baked cookie bars.
They have all of the great components of a S’More: graham crackers, marshmallow and chocolate. Brooks (RecipeBoy) first made these S’Mores Bars way back in 2011 when he was just 11 years old. So if an 11-year old can make them, I’d say anyone can make them. I’ve updated the photos, and I’ve added a how-to video too.
They’re good dessert bars to put out at a party. And as Brooks described them so many years ago, they get devoured immediately because everyone loves them so much!
How to make S’Mores Bars:
Start with making a graham cracker cookie crust (made of flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, salt, butter, brown sugar and eggs). You’re going to divide the dough for the crust in half.
Pat half of the crust into a 9×13-inch pan. Save the rest of the graham cracker cookie dough for the top of the bars.
Place large but evenly spaced scoops of Marshmallow Creme on the crust. Then spread it around to cover the crust.
Sprinkle milk chocolate chips on top.
Put the remaining cookie dough on top. Just crumble the dough with your hands and sprinkle it on top. You don’t need to cover the top. The marshmallow and chocolate chips will peek out here and there.
Bake it, and eat the results… which turn out to be really gooey and yummy. If you want to make S’Mores that are portable, you should make a batch of these. They turn out really well and they’re perfect for any occasion.
Here are a few items you can buy on Amazon that you can use for this recipe:
(Amazon affiliate links are included here)
- 9×13-inch pan: I like this one. It’s a good nonstick pan with good reviews. And it has a lid for easy storage of your baked goods!
- Marshmallow Creme: a 7-ounce jar has about 2 1/2 cups, so you’ll just need one jar.
- graham cracker crumbs
- chocolate chips
If a kid can make these bars, you can too!
Here are a few more S’Mores treats you might like to try:
- S’Mores Pie
- Cookie Dough S’Mores
- S’Mores Popcorn Balls
- Raspberry Nutella S’Mores
- Chocolate Caramel S’Mores
- Frozen S’More Sandwiches
- No Bake S’Mores Cheesecake Bars
- S’Mores Dip
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1½ cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups marshmallow topping (such as Marshmallow Creme)
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang on 2 sides. Spray the foil with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. In a separate large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugar until light, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs until well combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Divide the dough in half. Press half of the dough into the pan until the dough is even and flat. Spread with marshmallow topping and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Scatter the remaining dough over the top in clumps. Don't worry about covering the top with the dough. The marshmallow and chocolate chips should peek through.
- Bake until golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely. Remove from the pan, peel off the foil and cut into bars. They're also a little easier to cut if they have been refrigerated for a while.