Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta is a great comfort food pasta dish filled with all the things that make up a great bacon cheeseburger. Pickles optional!
A bacon cheeseburger is definitely comfort food. And it’s not one of those things you probably have very often. So why not try bacon cheeseburger pasta instead? It’s packed with all kinds of cheeseburger goodies. This skillet pasta dish is one the whole family can enjoy!
- penne pasta
- lean ground beef
- tomato sauce
- barbecue sauce
- spicy brown mustard
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- salt and pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese
- pickles, barbecue sauce and mustard (for serving– optional)
How to make Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Place a lid on the skillet and let the cheese melt.
And it’s ready for serving! This recipe allows for about 4 generous servings. For me, it’s the barbecue sauce and spicy brown mustard that really turns it into over-the-top delicious.
The Best Pasta Recipes:
- Meat Lover’s Pizza Casserole
- White Chicken Lasagna
- Shrimp Scampi Pasta
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- Pappardelle Bolognese
Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef
- 8 strips bacon, diced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce (Sweet Baby Rays, suggested)
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- pickles, BBQ sauce and mustard, for serving (as desired)
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain (but save ¾ cup of the starchy pasta water to set aside).
- In a large skillet, cook the beef. Spoon out and discard any accumulated fat. Spoon the beef into a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the bacon. Let the cooked bacon drain on paper towels, and spoon out accumulated fat and discard.
- Add the drained pasta to the skillet. Stir in the cooked ground beef and bacon, tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, brown mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt/pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle cheese on top, place a lid on the skillet and let the cheese melt.
- Serve individual servings with pickles, BBQ sauce and mustard (as desired!)