Pumpkin Dump Cake is such an easy fall cake recipe to make.
If you’ve tried other dump cakes (caramel apple dump cake or chocolate cherry dump cake) then you’re familiar with how they work. Ingredients are basically dumped into a cake pan, with no mixing needed, and then the cake is baked and it does its magic. it works!
- canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
- canned evaporated milk
- granulated white sugar
- pumpkin pie spice
- boxed yellow cake mix
- whipped cream or Cool Whip, for serving
How to make Pumpkin Dump Cake:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
If you are familiar with making gooey butter cakes, this will have a similar texture. It turns out ooey, gooey, rich and wonderful.
The result is a buttery pumpkin dessert cake. It’s pretty delicious and addicting. Seconds are hard to pass up. If you’re not a fan of pecans (or if there is a nut allergy), it’s completely okay to leave them out of the recipe.
You can also switch things up and use a spice cake mix instead of yellow cake. That would be good too!
Top individual servings of pumpkin dump cake with a dollop of whipped cream or Cool Whip. Sprinkle some pumpkin pie spice on top, if you’d like. A scoop of vanilla ice cream would be an excellent pairing too. Enjoy!
How to store leftovers:
Wrap some plastic wrap around the cake dish and store the leftovers in the refrigerator. All should be eaten within a couple of days (which shouldn’t be a problem!)
Favorite Pumpkin Dessert Recipes:
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Pumpkin Gooey Butter Bars
- Copycat Crumbl Pumpkin Cake Cookies
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, spice and salt. Pour into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly on top of the pumpkin mixture. Then sprinkle the pecans on top of the cake mix. Pour the melted butter evenly over the mixture. No need to stir anything around.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Serve warm topped with whipped cream or Cool Whip.