Check out this Easy Ice Cream Sandwich Cake recipe! Watch the short video showing you how to make this recipe; then, print the full recipe.
Hi, it’s RecipeGirl sharing a recipe today to help celebrate RecipeBoy Brooks’ 14th birthday (yesterday!) Every year I post a cake to share for his birthday, and this year I decided to share a super Easy Ice Cream Sandwich Cake (it will take you 15 minutes to make) that will be great to make all summer long!
This cake is seriously made out of ice cream sandwiches, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce and whipped topping. That’s it… unless you want some sprinkles too!
Here’s what our boy RecipeBoy is looking like these days. He’s totally and completely obsessed with lacrosse (and he’s good at it too!!) Brooks is now 6 feet + 2 1/2 inches tall. We look up at him now!
My husband and I gave him RecipeBoy.com for his 10th birthday, and now he’s FOURTEEN! So he’s been trucking along with his food blog now for four years. This summer, his blog will be getting a major re-design- a brand new look and lots of cool new features!
So here’s how you make this awesome easy ice cream sandwich cake: Place three ice cream sandwiches on a plate. Spread caramel and chocolate sauce on top, and then add three more ice cream sandwiches.
Spread caramel and chocolate sauce on top again, then add three more ice cream sandwiches, and then cover the whole thing with whipped topping.
Add sprinkles if you’d like. Then place the cake into the freezer for several hours until it’s nice and firm. Slice it up!
Drizzle with more caramel and chocolate, if you want. See how easy that was? The great thing about this cake is that it’s a super simple dessert to whip up for a summer barbecue. And it’s always a huge hit too!
For Brooks’ birthday that he had with friends, I made him a lacrosse-themed birthday cake! I just eyeballed a picture of some lacrosse sticks and used piping bags to draw them onto the cake. I’m not the best cake decorator, but I think it turned out pretty cute, and he… of course… loved it! Happy birthday RecipeBoy!
Here are a few more frozen treat recipes you might like to try:
- Cake Batter Ice Cream
- Easy Candy Bar Ice Cream Cake
- Snickers Ice Cream Brownie Pie
- Dark Cherry Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 3 Musketeers Ice Cream
- Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream Pie
- Marshmallow Fudge Swirl Ice Cream
- Chocolate Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
Easy Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- 9 whole frozen ice cream sandwiches (unwrapped)
- caramel sauce
- chocolate sauce
- whipped topping
- rainbow sprinkles (optional)
- Place 3 ice cream sandwiches side-by-side on a plate. Spread caramel sauce on top, then spread chocolate sauce on next. Add another 3 ice cream sandwiches. Again... spread caramel sauce and chocolate sauce. Add your last 3 ice cream sandwiches, and then cover the whole thing with whipped topping. Sprinkle with sprinkles, if desired.
- Freeze for several hours, then take the cake out of the freezer and slice to serve. You can drizzle with additional sauce, if desired.